Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted by on Dec 22, 2008 in Tomfoolery | 0 comments

Oh, the irony…

LAWRENCEVILLE, Ill. β€” A county health department in southern Illinois found its Christmas party anything but tasty after dozens of people fell ill at a restaurant.

The head of the Lawrence County Health Department says she was among 42 people who got sick during the buffet gathering of 72 people on Dec. 15 in Lawrenceville.

Phyllis Wells says the cause of the outbreak hasn’t been pinpointed, but she suspects the culprit was a norovirus.

People can get it through contact with infected people, ingesting contaminated food or drink, or by touching contaminated items and then their mouths.

For now, Wells says the common denominator appears to be ham served in the salad bar.

State health officials are investigating.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *