[My company is here.]
If you insist, I…
- am a husband and father of three boys.
- work as a filmmaker, author and entrepreneur.
- was born deep in the Appalachian Mountains and escaped by joining the U.S. Navy at seventeen. I served with Submarine Squadron Six, the USS L.Y. Spear and in California, Guantanamo Bay (Gitmo), Cuba, Norfolk and in the frozen waters of the north Atlantic. I was Co-captain of the Atlantic Fleet Championship soccer team and received an Honorable Discharge after seven years total service.
- moved to New York City, worked as an actor and writer, and then attended film school at NYU, from which I received a Professional Certification. I then crewed on dozens of studio and independent films, and eventually launched Mactavish Pictures. Here’s a filmography.
- have written for INDIEWIRE, FILM THREAT and WINDCHECK SAILING WEEKLY.
- wrote The New Dad’s Survival Guide, published by Little, Brown and Company and available globally. Co-author of Battle Ready: Memoir of a SEAL Warrior Medic, published by St. Martin’s Press.
- served as the volunteer Public Affairs Officer for the Lance Vaccaro Memorial Ride.
- coach Hot Shots soccer, and enjoy watching my sons play soccer, football and basketball. I also hold a black belt in American Kempo.
- Bachelor of Arts candidate, Interdisciplinary Studies, The University of Alabama. Roll Tide!
- divide my time between Manhattan and Virginia, and live to sail the Chesapeake with my family.