Pages Menu
Categories Menu

Posted by on Aug 15, 2007 in Tomfoolery, West Virginia | 0 comments

Georgia, West Virginia, whatever…

– Danny Fendley started more than just his lawn mower when he tugged at its pull chord – he started a fire that destroyed his home.

The mower exploded Tuesday in hot, parched conditions Fendley was trying to start the mower in the garage of his two-story brick home in this Atlanta suburb when the machine burst into flames. Before he could extinguish the fire, it had spread through the garage.

Then his wife tried to toss a can of gasoline out a window as the blaze spread, but she missed, spreading the fuel “everywhere,” Fendley said.

The flames engulfed the house in less than a minute. The couple escaped without serious injury.

Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on PinterestEmail this to someone

Post a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *